Infinite Space: Progressive Voice Returns to LA

Like a homepage, only crankier...

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Progressive Voice Returns to LA

I was meaning to post this earlier but never got around to it. For those of you in the Los Angeles area who have missed Air America Radio since it was pulled off the air, look for it to appear in some form on AM 1150 after February 3rd. The sports radio currently in that position is moving down the dial.

I am not a wholesale supporter of them by any means. In general I think fighting right-wing venom with left-wing venom appeals to our baser desires for conflict for its own sake, and if you've ever tried, it's hard to persuade someone by shouting at them. That said, Air America Radio ain't all shouting. Some of it, like The Kyle Jason Show,* is rarely political at all. And regardless of what you feel about left-wingers, right-wingers or the talk-radio genre in general, it is a very different point-of-view than any you will hear elsewhere; and that, I believe, is truly essential to understanding any issue. Perhaps even more essential if you want to persuade others about what you believe.

*Among other things, Mr. Kyle Jason recently re-introduced me to Stevie Wonder's brilliant
Innervisions album and to the incomparable Earth Wind and Fire.